“How was your day?” is for amateurs: we’ve got 23 questions that will be sure to invoke giggles, guffaws and gasps at the dinner table. We recommend slipping these wacky questions into the conversation—everyone will learn some fascinating facts about the ones they love.
1. Would you rather be a giant rodent or a tiny elephant?
2. What would you do if you had a million dollars?
3. If you had to eat a worm, how would you cook it?
4. What is a weird habit that you have?
5. If you had this week to do over again, what would you do differently?
6. Would you rather go without television or junk food for the rest of your life?
7. If you had your human body, but the head of an animal, what animal would you pick?
8. If money were no object, where would you like to go on vacation?
9. Where is the most interesting place you have ever been?
10. If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
11. If you could have any kind of pet, what would you have?
12. Would you rather not hear or not see?
13. Would you rather wrestle a lion or fight a shark?
14. If you were sent to live on a space station for three months and only allowed to bring three personal items with you, what would they be?
15. What is one favorite thing you do by yourself?
16. If you could read one person’s mind, whose would it be?
17. What two things do you consider yourself to be very good at?
18. Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
19. What is your favorite smell? What memory does it remind you of?
20. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
21. If you could be one character from a book for a day, who would it be and why?
22. What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
23. Tell me about something that made you happy today.
–Erin Feher and Erin Lem