For me, New Year’s resolutions are off and on. Coming into 2017 I’ve been thinking if I wanted to submit myself to the possible failure again, and if so, what great thing did I have in mind to achieve. And how would I go about it.
Today I decided that my almost three-month old is the best example for resolution encouragement. Let’s look at some of his motivational life lessons:
- Resolutions are unnecessary; if you want to do something just do it.
- Keep trying to keep your head up, even if it gets tiring.
- When you need help, ask for it. (Or yell for it if no one is listening closely.)
- Take naps when your body tells you to.
- Eat as much as you need. Dancing (or body squirms) is often times the answer, even when sleeping.
- Smiling at people is a great way to make friends.
So there you have it people, babies are way more useful than I once thought. It also helps to have one with an amazing side-eye for when I need some extra attitude.