You know the saying. Families who play together stay together. And we might add, families who play together get fit together, laugh together, cheer each other on, learn to like their little sisters, go to bed earlier, probably eat more veggies, and are generally rock stars together. So keep reading for our favorite ways to play, get fit, and be rock starts together in the ATL this spring and summer!
Photo: John Trainor via Flickr
1. Train for the AJC Peachtree Road Race together and run it on July 4, 2017.
2. Go roller skating. Sparkles Family Fun Centers offer several family discounts throughout the month, as well as special times for toddlers.
Photo: Steven Depolo via Flickr
3. Tackle rock climbing together at Atlanta Rocks! on Family Day, every Wednesday from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. for a 2 hour climb (one parent climbs free with each paying kiddo). Want some instruction first? Check out the family climbing class every Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. ($50/ family up to 5 members).
Photo: S. Massey
5. Hike Kennesaw Mountain, and don’t forget your camera. The view from the top on a clear day is spectacular (holiday card, 2017, perhaps?).
6. Check out the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area (it’s ITP!). Some of our favorite spots, both ITP and OTP, include Sope Creek Trail, East and West Palisades Trails, and Paces Mill Trail.
Photo: Terren in Virginia via Flickr
8. Check out the new Braves stadium after running in the family-friendly Braves Country 5K, One Mile, and 50 m dash. All racers get tickets to a Braves game on June 10, 11, or 17.
Photo: S. Massey
10. Take a free one-hour beginner skateboarding class on the BeltLine, led by expert instructors on multiple Saturdays throughout the spring and summer. Check here for updated class dates by month.
How do you get the whole family moving? Tell us your favorite ways to play around town in the comments section below!