It’s officially baseball season and if you can’t make it to the ballpark we have a solution for the next best thing: Ball Park Frank Grilled Cheese from Bob of BS’ In the Kitchen. Bob wasn’t satisfied with either grilled cheese or hot dogs so naturally, he combined the two into a glorious combination that will satisfy your World Series-sized hunger. We’re guessing this sandwich will be a total home run with your home team.
2 slices of french bread
1 hot dog (cut into three thin slices)
1/4 c harvarti cheese
1/4 c cheddar cheese
2 tbsp relish
1 slice of white onion
ketchup & mustard (to taste)
1. Get two pans on medium heat.
2. Add a chunk of butter to one, and your onion, cooking until caramelized.
3. In another pan fry your hot dog until cooked, then slice into three long pieces.
4. Butter the outside of each slice of bread.
5. Spread ketchup on bottom slice, top with relish.
6. Sprinkle on havarti cheese, layer hot dog slices, caramelized onions and finish with cheddar cheese.
7. Spread mustard on inside of top slice of bread.
8. Form sandwich, fry in a covered pan until golden brown on each side.
Have you created any fun combos of your fave foods like this one? Tell us what you think of this recipe in the comments below!
With little direction in the kitchen as kids, brother-sister power duo Bob & Carlene sought to expand their foodie palets and their skills in the kitchen with their site BS’ In the Kitchen. With a focus on reinventing classic recipes and creating completely new culinary creations, BS’ In the Kitchen chronicles Bob & Carlene’s food adventure. Check out their stunning photography and mouth-watering recipes, both sweet and savory, over at BS’ In the Kitchen.