Being a parent has its ups and downs: one minute you’re getting high-fives over your epic waffles and the next you’re battling a three-year-old over slip-on shoes. Here are a few of our favorite quotes from comedians on the fine art of parenting. Have a laugh and soldier on, even if the playdate has turned your house into a national disaster.
1. When your sweetheart throws sand/a train/soapy water at your face.
2. Because sleep is so overrated.
photo: veronicakai via flickr
3. Spoons are for banging on things, not eating.
photo: tianderson via flickr
4. More foolproof than blaming the dog.
5. Relive your wild college years.
photo: theloushe via flickr
What’s your favorite funny quote on parenting? Share it with us in the comments below!
—Amber Guetebier & Christal Yuen