- 1 medium tomato (about 8 ounces), medium dice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices hearty white bread
- 2 slices Arla® Gouda Sliced Cheese
- 2 slices Arla® Fontina Sliced Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tomato, red onion, basil, and salt.
- Top 2 slices of the bread with a slice each of Arla® Gouda Sliced Cheese and Arla® Fontina Sliced cheese. Top the cheese with 1/4 cup of the tomato salsa, then top with the second slice of bread.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the assembled sandwiches and cover. Cook until the first side is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwiches, then cover and cook until golden brown on the second side, another 3 to 4 minutes. Serve warm.
Did you know that Arla® is a farm-to-fridge dairy company that currently offers a full range of naturally delicious cheese varieties, including cream cheese, snack cheese and sliced cheese? As an added bonus, Arla cheese is made from only simple ingredients that you can recognize. Arla is the better-for-you-cheese the whole family will love. What more could a parent want?