Your kids love potatoes. They also love tacos. Why not combine the two to make one fab meal? Catherine McCord of Weelicous did just that and the result is brilliant. She uses potato skins instead of taco shells or tortillas for these potato tacos. Use your imagination (or her filling ideas below) to complete this recipe.
4 sweet or russet potatoes
* pesto, greek yogurt and manchego cheese
* chicken chili with cheddar cheese
* refried beans, sour cream, and salsa
* chicken with bbq sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
2. Poke several holes in the sides of the potatoes, place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 1 hour.
3. Slice the potatoes down the middle, scoop out half of the flesh, and fill with desired accompaniments.
What type of filling will you make for the po-tacos?