It’s hard to believe it but it’s time to say “Adios!” to 2018. From immersive pop-ups like Candytopia to the opening of some rad parenting spaces, we can all agree that 2018 was pretty great. Find our 2018 hit list below!
1. San Francisco’s Civic Center Plaza welcomed two new playgrounds and a seasonal ice rink!
2. Our beloved Recess re-opened as non-profit Recess Collective and we all headed to their Sunset spot to check out the new digs.
3. We got to spend tons of time in nature with free access to the Redwoods State Parks.
4. Our favorite FREE kids’ museum, The Randall, re-opened it’s bigger and better space.
5. Working parents got some new hangouts to combine working and parenting like the Garden by Equal Play.
photo: Erin Feher
7. The de Young Museum opened the coolest interactive kids exhibit and gallery and bonus, it’s free!
8. Our favorite artisan ice cream shop Salt and Straw opened three more Bay Area shops and ice cream addicts rejoiced!
9. The brilliant ladies behind Main Street Mamas opened The Open Nest in the Stonestown Galleria as a gathering spot for parents.
10. Adventure seekers headed to Rocklin for the opening of the zipline and rock climbing paradise, Quarry Park.
11. Score! The most adorable mini-golf spot, Stagecoach Greens, opened in SF to the joy of parents and kids alike.
12. We got to play in the Willy Wonka wonderland of Candytopia and have the selfies to prove it.
13. We beat the heat and the rainy days at these indoor game spots.
14. We got our glamp on at these cabins, yurts, tents and treehouses from Mendocino down to Big Sur.
17. Whoa Dude! opened to deck out all the trendy tots.
18. Our favorite cookie dough joint DOUGHP moved to PIER 39 to join in the fun at this Fisherman’s Wharf hot spot.
20. We dined underwater, in Japan and with cats at these super cool themed restaurants.
Photos by Kate Loweth except where noted.