30 Must-Do End of Summer Activities
Eek! Somehow it’s August already and the party just got started. Before you know it, you’ll be preparing to fall back into the school routine of early bedtimes, after school activities and those dreaded early morning tantrums. So before the lazy days of summer become just a distant memory, drop everything, get outside, and pack in as much summer as you possibly can. From day trips to petting farms to swimming holes, we rounded up 30 fun and super easy ideas to make your family’s last days of summer as memorable as the first.
1. Throw in the towels and head to Jetty Island, just a 30-minute drive north of Seattle.
3. Soar above it all and fly a kite at a nearby park.
5. Stock up on local goodies at the city’s best farmer’s markets.
10. Zip line your way through some Seattle and Eastside parks.
11. Pick up some yummy berries at these u-pick blueberry farms.
12. Visit a nearby park where you can swim and hike in the same afternoon.
14. Hike, swim and picnic around Rattlesnake Lake.
15. Ride the kiddie amusement park rides at Remlinger Farms.
16. Set up a neighborhood lemonade stand.
18. Go for a run along these stroller-friendly jogging paths.
19. Grin and bear it, because the kids will love it: Wild Waves.
20. Introduce your kiddos to Shakespeare at one of these fun summer shows.
21. Go on a weekend road trip to Mount Rainier, Long Beach, the San Juan Islands or Lake Chelan.
22. Invite the neighborhood kids over and host yard games in your backyard.
23. Two words: Molly Moon’s.
26. Show your little firefighter some love this summer by visiting your local fire department.
27. Pack up some s’mores makings and your sleeping bags and give yurt camping a try.
28. Dessert on wheels? Yes, please! Indulge your sweet tooth by hitting one of these sweet food trucks.
29. Take a break from the sun to romp around at this newly opened play space.
30. Let the kiddos carve, grind and kick flip at this awesome summer skateboarding program.
Ready, set, go! Did we miss anything? What’s on your end of summer bucket list?
– Kristina Moy & Allison Ellis
Photo credit: Allison Sutcliffe
Want More Seattle Adventures?
Let us help you be the rock star mom (or dad) we know you are! Sign up for our picks for the best things to see, do, eat and explore with your kids in Seattle.