Spooks Without Sprinkles: 19 Frightfully Fun Indoor Halloween Activities
Seattle weather can be fickle in October. And if this Halloween is anything like the last few, your kiddos will be sporting their Gor-Tex coats and rain boots over their costumes. Since we don’t want the cold weather and rain to put a damper on your Halloween festivities, we’ve compiled a list of 19 fun, indoor Halloween events happening on the days leading up to Halloween and on the 31st. To view all of the upcoming Halloween activities, be sure to check out our events calendar. Have a happy, safe (and dry!) Halloween from all of us at Red Tricycle.
1. Pee Wee Monster Bash. The North Kirkland Community Center is throwing a carnival style monster mash where little ones can wear their costumes and participate in a cookie walk and monster movement course, go swamp fishing, make monster crafts and more! Pre-register early to guarantee your spot.
Where: North Kirkland Community Center, 12421 103rd Avenue NE, Kirkland, Wa
When: October 25 from
Cost: $10.95 – $13.14
2. The Moonpaper Tent Un-Haunted House. Avoid the scary monsters and make your kiddo’s Halloween experience a happy one at The Moonpaper Tent. Walk through the enchanted house full of interactive characters and silly surprises and enjoy collaborative crafting, face painting, and magical treasures. This event is uniquely created to provide every guest with their very own happy Halloween experience. Bonus: If you have a bunch of little ones who would like to walk through together, make a group reservation. Call 206-708-6741 for reservations.
Where: The Moonpaper Tent,
When: October 26 & 30 from 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Cost: $10/person (reservations required)
3. Spookfest Celebration. Start your morning off with Halloween pancakes served hot off the griddle. Then, enjoy The Great Pumpkin Race (think Pinewood Derby with pumpkins), a show with Kimmie the Witch, haunted miniature golf, and a costume Halloween zumba party!
Where: Bellevue Community Center, 14509 SE Newport Way, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 26 from 8:30 am – 10:00 pm
Cost: Activity fees vary
4. Pumpkin Decorating Party. Bring your costumed little ones to Cafe Flora for some pumpkin decorating fun. Sequins, feathers, pipe cleaners, pens and other arts-and-crafts supplies as well as guidance will be provided by Thrive Art School. While you’re creating your pumpkin masterpiece, enjoy festive fall snacks by Cafe Flora including, Rockridge Orchard spiced cider, pumpkin bread, kids pumpkin pancakes, and other fall treats!
Where: Cafe Flora, 2901 East Madison Street, Seattle, Wa
When: October 26 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
5. MIPA Halloween Party. This fun, non-spooky Halloween party will have tons of Halloween themed activities for kiddos ages one to six. Try your hand at spooktacular crafts and games and enjoy some tricks and treats. Be sure to wear your costume for the costume show and dance party!
Where: Mercer Island Community Center, 8236 SE 24th Street, Mercer Island, Wa
When: October 26 from 10:00 am– 12:00 pm
Cost: $2 per child for MIPA Members; $4 per child for non-members
6. Spooktacular Costume Contest. Take your costumed kiddos over to Westfield Southcenter Mall for some Pre-Halloween fun. In addition to a costume contest, there will be free activities for kiddos of all ages and Radio Disney will be on site hosting family games and entertainment. Don’t forget to visit the balloon artist and have your photo taken at the spooktacular photo booth!
Where: Westfield Southcenter Mall,
When: October 26 from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
7. Halloween Bash at Northgate Mall. Radio Disney will be rockin’ Northgate Mall with lots of fun Halloween activities on October 26. Come in costume and make masks inspired by The Croods, try out Monsters vs. Aliens temporary tattoos, and design a dragon like the one in Dragon Riders of Berk. Plus, try the Kung Fu Panda chopstick game and take a photo with a life-size Croods standee. All kiddos will receive a Croods treat bags, a chance to win a DVD, coupons and more.
Where: Northgate Mall, 401 NE Northgate Way, Seattle, Wa
When: October 26 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
8. Halloween Fun at the Seattle Aquarium. Underwater pumpkin carving demonstrations? Spooky Halloween activities and games? Treats hidden throughout the aquarium? Need we convince you more? This under the sea celebration of Halloween goes on all weekend too, so your kids can get even more mileage out of their costumes.
Where: Seattle Aquarium, 1483 Alaskan Way, Pier 59, Seattle, Wa
When: October 26 & 27 from 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Cost: Free with admission or membership
9. Float in Fright. You may be trying to avoid the rain outside, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy getting wet in the pool. Bring your floaties and other pool toys and catch Monsters, Inc. on the big screen. Now if only our kids’ costumes were waterproof.
Where: Samena Swim & Recreation Club, 15231 Lake Hills Boulevard, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 26 from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Cost: $8 – $24 (members free)
10. The Museum of Fright. Ghosts, witches, and bats take to the skies at the Museum of Flight’s annual Halloween celebration. Make your very own ghostly creature that floats through the air and have lots of spooky fun in the Museum’s galleries. Get even more festive with face painting, ghost stories, pumpkin bowling, spooky flight simulator rides and a Halloween movie!
Where: Museum of Flight, 9404 East Marginal Way South, Seattle, Wa
When: October 27 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Cost: $5 – $10 (under 17 in costume free)
11. KidsQuest Halloween Spooktacular. Play mad scientists at this Halloween Spooktacular with kooky and loopy experiments that will give your kiddos thrills and chills. Play games for sweet treats and show off your wild, crazy, or cute costumes.
Where: KidsQuest Children’s Museum, 4091 Factoria Mall SE, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 28 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Cost: $7 – $10 (pre-registration required)
12. DIY Halloween Cupcake Decorating Party. Do your little ones still want their sugar fix even if the weather doesn’t allow for them to venture outdoors? How about the chance to frost and decorate their very own Halloween cupcakes with the help of the Cupcake Royale staff? Be sure to come in costume and pick up your free babycake card and some delish ice cream pints for the road. With the $2 off coupon during the party, how could you not go home with cupcakes and ice cream?
Where: Cupcake Royale – Queen Anne, 1935 Queen Anne Avenue North, Seattle, Wa
When: October 30 from 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Where: Cupcake Royale – Bellevue, 21 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 30 from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
13. Monster Fest: Kids Halloween Extravaganza. Take the family to EMP this Halloween to experience trick-or-treating in Sky Church, frighteningly fun crafts, and special screenings of the 1949 Disney classic The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and the 2012 computer-animated fantasy comedy Hotel Transylvania.
Where: Experience Music Project, 325 5th Avenue North, Seattle, Wa
When: October 31 from 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Cost: Under 12 free ($5 discount for adults)
14. Halloween with Radio Disney. Put on your costume and head over to the Marketplace @ Factoria for lots of trick-or-treating as well as spooktacular music, games and prizes with Radio Disney!
Where: Marketplace @ Factoria, 4055 Factoria Square Mall SE, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 31 from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
15. Costume Carnival. For a truly weatherproof night of trick or treating, head to the Seattle Children’s Museum where costumed kids can wander the halls looking for treats at various booths. When their treat buckets are full, visit the not-so-scary haunted mountain, enjoy silly spooky story times, and go on a “Where in the World is Dracula?” scavenger hunt.
Where: Seattle Children’s Museum, 305 Harrison Street, Seattle, Wa
When: October 31 from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
16. Halloween Family Fun Fest. Visit select merchants at The Bellevue Collection for lots of Halloween treats and enjoy roving balloon-tying clowns, a mad science booth where you can experiment with slime and dry ice, photo booths (be sure to bring your camera!) and a live Halloween performance with Brian Vogan and his Good Buddies (at 5:00 & 6:00 pm). Dance-friendly costumes encouraged!
Where: The Bellevue Collection, 575 Bellevue Square, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 31 from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
17. Spooktacular Haunted Party at WiggleWorksKids. In addition to lots of hands-on activities, your lil’ ghosts and goblins will enjoy treats, arts and crafts, ghost bowling and a witch hat ring toss at WiggleWorksKids. Be sure to stick around for the costume parade so your little ones can show off their Halloween duds.
Where: WiggleWorksKids, 15600 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 31 from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Cost: Free with admission ($1 off admission with costume)
18. Trick-or-Treating at Northgate Mall. Come one, come all to the Ben Bridge Court at Northgate Mall for lots of trick-or-treating fun. In addition to treats, get your family’s picture taken by a professional photographer.
Where: Northgate Mall, 401 NE Northgate Way, Seattle, Wa
When: October 31 from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Cost: Free (photos extra)
19. Mall-Oween. Take your costumed kiddos to Crossroads Mall for trick-or-treating, a special Halloween show by Ko Ko Jo and a fun photo booth.
Where: Crossroads Bellevue Shopping Center, 15600 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, Wa
When: October 31 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
How do you plan to stay warm and dry on Halloween? Do you have a favorite indoor Halloween activity that isn’t on our list? Let us know in a comment below.
Let us help you be the rock star mom (or dad) we know you are! Sign up for our picks for the best things to see, do, eat and explore with your kids.