In the mood for pizza but don’t want the greasy take-out? Opt for this flavorful pizza that’s stacked with veggies and smothered in a light and creamy peanut sauce. Created by Sophia of Veggies Don’t Bite, this plant-based, gluten-free dish is guaranteed to be a winner.
Makes one pizza
Your favorite pizza crust (Sophia used this one by The Vegan 8)
Light & Creamy Peanut Sauce
½ can chickpeas
½ cup carrots, sliced into matchsticks
½ cup zucchini, sliced into matchsticks
½ cup red peppers, sliced into matchsticks
2 green onions, sliced
1. Wash and slice all veggies. Wash and drain chickpeas. Set aside.
2. If you haven’t made peanut sauce, make it now.
3. Prepare you crust, whichever one you choose to use or take out a store bought crust of choice.
4. While preparing crust, also roast the carrots, red peppers, zucchini and chickpeas on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 350 just to soften them a bit. About 5-10 minutes, depending on how thin you cut them.
5. Build your pizza by generously coating the pizza crust with the peanut sauce.
6. Add chickpeas and gently press down to keep them in place. Add the carrots, zucchini and red peppers. Sprinkle with sliced green onions.
7. Bake according to pizza crust directions, or until your chickpeas get crispy on the outside.
Notes from the Chef:
Any pizza crust will work but I liked the potato type crust that I used. Keep in mind it is not a traditional crust but more of a thin crispy crust. You can also use your favorite store bought crust. You can add less of more of the ingredients to suit your taste. You will have more peanut sauce left over, but I still suggest making it all because it works awesome to dip the pizza in too!
Tips to prep ahead: Make peanut sauce ahead of time. Wash and slice veggies.
What are your kiddo’s favorite pizza combinations? Did they like this one? Share your comments and ideas below!
Sophia DeSantis is the author of Veggies Don’t Bite, a vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free food blog targeted to all types of eaters. She is the mom of two beautiful boys and wife to an amazing husband. Her and her family live a vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free life 90% of the time because she believes that the stress of having to be perfect shouldn’t overpower the benefits that their healthy lifestyle brings. Through her website, she hopes to reach anybody interested in making a positive health change in their life.